Friday, August 31, 2012

"Mirror Mirror"

These photos are from about two almost three months ago, but I just love them so much I wish everyone could see them!
Back in June, my mom brought home some of her old furniture that had been sitting in a friends basement. Among them was and AWESOME giant, round mirror. Once I laid eyes on it, I knew I wanted to take photos in it. I knew of a really pretty place like maybe a block away from my house that I could take it to and set it in. The place is what I call "Narnia" it truly has a magical look to it. Out of all the ugly in Greeley, it really is one of the prettiest places. It's infested with insects and other creatures, but it's still better than all of the houses to look at.
Anyway, my picture in my mind was fairytale like, the mirror had another world in it. Sort of already thought of, but I still wanted to take these photos.
The princess is portrayed by me in my lime green prom dress. As much as I hated the colour of that dress, the shape and style was perfect.
The story that always comes up in my head, it there is a princess who is walking through the woods and she stumbles upon this opening in to a part of the woods she's never been. When she walks in through, it's like nothing she has ever seen. Then, she spots this mirror, it draws her in. I don't really know what kind other world I want it to be, but I made either the Outside or the mirror black and white. Never leaving both in colour. There are some exceptions to this in Megans.

Then there is Megan, the "witch" so to say, the wicked one. I see her portayal as more of a vanity. Kinda like the "Tangled" effect. She stumbles upon the mirror before anyone else, and she wants to keep it a secret. Sadly, I don't have the photos of the both of us on my computer. But, in our photos, she is following me around. It shows me walking around and she is secretly behind me.










Kinda like Snow White but obviously not the same costume or backdrop.
It was so fun taking these photos. (: I took Megans, and she took mine. I just love getting dressed up and taking awesome photos. Even though it was hard getting a giant, round mirror in to "Narnia" and we may have gotten a few weird looks, the outcome was spendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment