Friday, September 21, 2012

Dear TLC, What's with Atlanta?

 Ever since I have moved to Chicago, my sister and I watch TLC like...every day. I could practically tell you the line up of the shows if you asked. I personally get excited to see the new Breaking Amish episodes, I find them most intriguing. Honeybooboo is a close second because I find them entertaining and also, I don't think you could find anyone more likely to be themselves in front of a camera! I give them props. But enough with my taste in the shows.
Tonight I watched the season premier of Undercover Princes. At first when I saw the commercials, I was like why would you have to have a TV show? To me, if a prince wants to find a girl who will love him for him, why do you need a camera man following you? Of course that's going to get you a lot of attention from girls. Second, why do they need to be all together? Doesn't that seem a bit odd? That just seems to add on the attention. Thirdly, and this is a personal question, but WHY ATLANTA? Why Georgia? What's up with all of these shows in Georgia? Honeybooboo, Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, and now this show. I find it rather odd for so many shows to take place in one city, and for it to be Atlanta to say the least. But anyways, I personally think if they're trying to be "undercover" then they should do it the right way: without a camera crew following you around. Lord knows big fancy cameras get anyone attention.
Another thing that has brought me to thinking as watching this is the extreme jealousy. I mean...who wouldn't want a prince to marry? Plus one that wants to marry just a plain Jane? Well, that sounds unheard of actually, but if anything those British boys have very charming accents. I think the most laid back is the Spanish prince. He seems to me to be go with the flow and very good at keeping low key. Now, Indian prince seems to be most likely to break that low key. He's quite a character.
Nevertheless, this show makes for great entertainment, but really, if you want to find true love...don't have a camera crew following you. AND DON'T GO ALL TO THE SAME PLACE. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment